- Kappeler, Erin. “Editing America: Nationalism and the New Poetry.” Modernism/modernity 21.4 (2014): 899-918.
- Kappeler, Erin. “The Georgian Poets and the Genteel Tradition” (with Meredith Martin). A Companion to Modernist Poetry. Ed. David E. Chinitz and Gail McDonald. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2014. 199-208.
- Kappeler, Erin. “Constructing Walt Whitman: Literary History and Histories of Rhythm.” Critical Rhythm. Eds. Jonathan Culler and Ben Glaser. Forthcoming from Fordham University Press.
- Kappeler, Erin. Kappeler, Erin. "Counting with Crapsey." Unsung Masters: Adelaide Crapsey, ed. Jenny Molberg and Christian Bancroft, Pleiades Press, 2018.
- Kappeler, Erin. "Four Approaches to Teaching Poetry (Review)," College English, vol. 84, no. 3, 2022, pp. 291–300.
- Kappeler, Erin. "The Return of the Nineteenth Century," Paideuma vol. 45, 2021, pp.53–60.
- Kappeler, Erin. "Free Verse, Historical Poetics, and Settler Time," Historical Poetics, special issue of Literature Compass, vol. 17, no. 7, 2020.